What is Diabetic?
–When the glucose level in your blood is increased more than normal after eating even normal meal, because the body cannot control the glucose level by producing enough Insulin or the power of insulin activities is disrupted.
When you test yourself by using Glucometer,
-the result is more than 120mg/dl before breakfast or
-the result is more than 180 mg/dl randomly (any time of the day, any meal taken)
–You Have …
What is Diabetic foot? (See-Cho-Chay-Htout)
-Usually, diabetic foot means Ulcers of the foot or risk of ulcer of foot due to Diabetic.
The most common sites of Diabetic Ulcers are
Yes, at the pressure point of your foot, heel and sole of front foot.
How do they occur?
They are due to the two causes or side effects of Diabetic.
- Diabetic Neuropathy – the high glucose level damage the nerve especially nerve of the foot and leg. So, the sensation of your foot drops down and you cannot feel pain, hot and cold sensation well. Then you can miss the pain due to small cut or injury because of your Diabetic. Afterward, the infections enter through wound and Infected ulcer (Ah-nar) occur.
Diabetic make not only disturb sensation but also damage the work of muscles of the foot and the foot become deform.
- Diabetic peripheral vessels disease – diabetic destroy the blood vessel and flow of the blood. The results of not enough blood flow make the wound harder to heal and also delay the reach of antibiotic to the wound make difficult to control the infection. Later, the diminish blood flow or narrowing of the blood vessel almost entirely will make the foot to Gangrene (death tissue cause due to lack of oxygen because of no or scanty blood flow).
What are the stages of Diabetic Foot?
According to Wegner Classification …
How to treat Diabetic Ulcer?
– Consult with the Orthopedic Surgeon, General Surgeon and Physician to treat the wounds.
– It is a long journey to treat the ulcer if it is very large or with uncontrolled infection, or very high of blood sugar level.
– Sometimes it will be worst when the ulcer is treated wrongly by applying traditional medicine e.g., leaves or herbs which are not allowed by FDA (Food and Drug Administration).
– The ulcer will be operated to become clean and healed by surgeons, and the underlying Diabetic is cared by Physicians.
– The prevention of ulcer is the main part of the treatment.
How to prevent the Diabetic Ulcer?
- Take care of your meal and regularly consult with the diabeticians /endocrinologists or physician for your Diabetic.
- Eat healthy meals. Reduce Sugar.
- Stop Smoking.
- Take care of your foot … e.g.,
- Take care while you cut your nail,
- Be aware of nail fungal infection
- Regularly take care of your shoe- it must be fit with your foot size, cover enough to prevent from injury.
- Should not go with bare foot
- Always check your foot even small injury
- Always wash with soup and water but keep dry after wash
- Be aware of your foot form before deform
- Normal foot
- Deformed foot
- If you suffer from the ulcer, TREATMENT TIMELY AND PROPERLY.
Thank you very much for reading.
You can give comments if you want to know or discuss something about Diabetic Foot.
Any advice is welcome. Any advice for next topic is welcome, too.